€169,40 – €242,00
origin of material
Studio AMA stands for circular fashion. That also means using textile leftovers that would otherwise go to waste.
This is the first time that Studio AMA is starting from pre-existing garments. This is a collaboration with Ecoso. Ecoso has a thrift shop, there are leftovers there too. Pieces that are not (or cannot be) sold. This source of textile waste is immense. That is why it is necessary to start working on it.
ECOSO stands for "ecological and social entrepreneurship". A perfect match for Studio AMA. Their aim is to create employment and strengthen the skills of people distanced from the regular labour market in an ecological context.
Studio AMA was linked to The recycling shop, Ecoso thanks to TOP-atelier, a team that researches production and business models within circular textiles.
All pieces are made at tailor-made company Zonnehoeve Production, our partner in Eke-Nazareth.
Zonnehoeve Production offers paid employment within a protected and adapted working environment for people who have difficulty finding their way in the conventional job market.
The designs are adapted to possibilities within Zonnehoeve. Studio AMA works actively with the team from Zonnehoeve to provide feasible yet challenging assignments. An intensive and special innovative collaboration.
Therefore, Studio AMA wants to make use oflocal and social employment to produce ethical fashion. It offers us the perfect opportunity to convert textile surpluses into sustainable fashion in a socially responsible way, while the Zonnehoeve employees can build up new skills in this way through interesting, qualitative assignments.
In doing so, we contribute to a positive impact on society, also with the production process!
It is important to take good care of your favourite AMA item! This will ensure a longer life for the garment, so you can wear it as long as possible.
- Overwashing is bad for the environment and for your mood.
- Steaming is the quickest and easiest way to refresh.
- Preferably don't use too much and not too aggressive detergents. ("Too much is never good, except for happiness." - from my grandmother)
- Linen and towelling can take a hit, high temperatures are no problem.It is better to run your machine at a low temperature. Less emissions and often more than adequately cleaned.
- To avoid accidents, it is better to put the garment together with the same colours in the washing machine.
- Ironing and Dryer can do no harm, but preferably choose a natural drying method - the open air!
Taking care of your wardrobe in a sustainable way is both ecological and economical And that is how your clothes last longer.